Summertime is here! Like most, you probably enjoy your time out on your deck with family and friends. However, if your deck has seen better days, then here are a six ways to style up your deck to make it more enjoyable.
1. Start off by repairing any damages that may have happened over the winter. A lot of people stay away from this space because of the shape their deck is in. It’s best to get this job done and out of the way before completing the next ideas. Hire a professional, if needed, to get the deck in great shape.
2. Find the furniture that’s right for you. There are few ways to use your space but make sure it will be utilized.
Do you want it for entertaining? Do you want a BBQ and a large outdoor table with chairs? Do you want space to get away and escape? A place to read and relax?
3. Add some outdoor lighting to really set the scene. Lighting is essential if you will be using the deck at night. Not only does it add style to your deck, but it’s a great safety benefit to your home. Here are some great deck lighting options:
4. Install a decorative deck railing. For one, this is for safety. Second, with a stylish rail, it can really make your deck stand out. If you already have a railing but aren’t a fan of the look, you can paint it. Try painting the rails and spindles two different colors. You can also try a classic look by painting the rails and spindles white which will make your space clean and bright.
5. Add a screen to your deck. In some areas, bugs are excessive and it becomes hard to fully enjoy your deck. This will work best if your roof line extends over the deck so you can attach the screen. If you don't have a roof, you can pick up a stand-alone screen like this one here.
6. Invest in a deck umbrella. If your roof line does not extend over your deck, an umbrella is the way to go. This is an inexpensive way to protect yourself from the sun and provides ample amount of shade. Umbrellas come in various sizes with several features. Umbrellas are temporary structures allowing you to move it where you want or remove it completely when the weather changes.
Check off a few of these ideas and go enjoy your deck!