Firefighters have some of the best stories. People call in for all sorts of emergencies, but I’m sure this is the first time this anyone has heard this one before.
The firefighters in Wayne Township, Indiana were having a quiet night when they woke up to a woman frantically pushing their doorbell.
“As many times as the doorbell on the firehouse was pushed, the firefighters were quite certain that something bad was going on outside,” said Wayne Township Fire Captain Mike Pruitt.
The woman outside was quite upset and was requesting medical treatment. Not for her, but for her pet raccoon.
Why? Marijuana, of course.
The woman said that the raccoon had been exposed to a large amount of marijuana and needed help.
“They could tell that the raccoon was lethargic and met all those symptoms that we typically run into when someone has been exposed to marijuana,” Pruitt said.
“It really left the guys scratching their heads that someone brought a raccoon to the firehouse at 2 a.m. seeking help,” he continued. “Especially with the condition the animal was in, so we hope the animal made a full recovery.”
Pruitt said that the firefighters felt bad, because they love animals, but there wasn’t much they could do except wait for the effects of the drug to wear off.
“We hope that everything worked out with the raccoon,” he said. “We’d be sad to hear that it didn’t.”
Of course, the woman insisted that she had no idea where her pet raccoon found all this marijuana.
The audio from the police scanner as emergency officials first heard the news is just as hilarious as the story.
Listen in as the emergency crews try to figure out what exactly this poor raccoon was high on and the location of its owner.
In other news, check out this adorable video of a hockey player making this little girl’s day in the next video below!