We first brought you the distressing news at the end of last month. At the time, we reported that the heavy-metal rocker Ozzy Osbourne was suffering from a series of medical conditions the had forced him to cancel his upcoming tour.
Later, news broke that Ozzy’s flu had gotten worse, leaving him battling pneumonia and landing him in the Intensive Care Unit. Now, almost two weeks later we finally have some good news to report.
Ozzy's wife, Sharon Osbourne shared the welcomed news on 'The Talk' on Tuesday. '"He’s doing great. He’s out of the ICU, he’s doing good, he’s breathing on his own." The 70-year-old rocker is still in the hospital but he is reportedly well on his way to a full recovery.
We're so glad to hear it!!
Osbourne's health challenges have been going on for some time now.
This most recent development is not the worst of what Ozzy has had to face where his health is concerned. Ever since last Fall, he has been battling an aggressive bacterial infection in his hand and has had to undergo multiple surgeries to treat it.
Back in October, the legendary rocker faced surgery on his hand after contracting a potentially deadly staph infection after it swelled up to ten times its normal size.
"I didn’t feel sick, so I was cracking jokes,” he recently told Rolling Stone about his trip to the emergency room due to three separate staph infections in his thumb, one of which spread to his middle finger."
That’s when the doctor wiped the smile right off the singer’s face.
“The doctor said, ‘I don’t know if you realize, Mr. Osbourne, this is a very serious problem you have.’ [Wife] Sharon said, ‘Would you stop f—ing making jokes?’”
What followed was a series of operations to cut away the infected tissue and prevent the deadly bacteria from entering his bloodstream, which would likely kill him.
After a week in a Los Angeles hospital, Osbourne was discharged and continued caring for his hand at home. Concert dates were postponed so he could concentrate on his recovery.
Fast-forward to recent weeks and his bout with the flu and its critical complications.
I compliance with doctor's orders, the shock-rocker will miss upcoming shows in the UK and Europe but says he plans to reschedule every one of them for a future date. Doctors say Osbourne will be unable to perform for an unspecified period of time.
Osbourne issued a statement regarding his health:
“I want to apologize to all of my fans who have been so loyal over the years, my band, my crew and to Judas Priest for letting you all down. However, I promise the tour with Judas Priest will be completed. It’s being rescheduled right now to start in September. Again, I apologize to everyone. God Bless. Love you all, Ozzy.”
“Coughed so hard I burst a blood vessel in my eye”
“I’m completely devastated for having to postpone the European leg of my tour,” Osbourne says in a statement obtained by PEOPLE. “It just seems that since October everything I touch has turned to s—.”
The tour dates Osbourne has canceled are part of his farewell tour known as 'No More Tours 2.' He plans to retire from touring in 2020.
In November 2017, Osbourne announced his global 'farewell world tour' from 2018 to 2020. “People keep asking me when I’m retiring,” he said in a statement. “This will be my final world tour, but I can’t say I won’t do some shows here and there.”
“I’ve been extremely blessed to have had two successful music careers,” Osbourne said in a release. “I’m looking at this final tour as being a huge celebration for my fans and anyone who has enjoyed my music over the past five decades.”
Although you might not expect it, the 'old man' remains grateful in spite of what he is currently going through.
“I’m going to make those shows up next year,” he said. “It could have been a lot worse. I could have been dead.”
Please join us in a prayer of thanks for Ozzy's improvement and continue to pray that he makes a full recovery - SOON!