Death Row Inmate Found Dead In Cell After Execution Called Off For 2nd Time, ‘I’ve Been Very Clear About My Desire To Be Executed…’

January 07, 2019

A 48-year-old Nevada man who was convicted of murder in 2002, decided he would no longer wait for the state of Nevada to carry out his sentence. Scott Raymond Dozier was found hanging from a bed sheet in his isolated cell on death row after his execution had been delayed twice.

This was not the first time Dozier had attempted suicide since he was sentenced to death row in 2007. According to authorities, the convicted killer had tried to do away with himself in a number of ways over the years.

Dozier had made no secret of the fact that he preferred execution to living the rest of his life in prison. Two of his suicide attempts occurred after his scheduled lethal injection appointments were stalled due to technicalities.

According to a press release, “Dozier, 48, was found hanging from a bed sheet tied to an air vent in his cell.”

“Scott Raymond Dozier, 48, was found unresponsive in the death-row cell he was housed in by himself at the state’s maximum-security prison in Ely, the Nevada Department of Corrections said. He was pronounced dead at 4:35 p.m. after medical staff attempted to treat him,”  FOX5 Las Vegas reported.

The then 32-year-old man was convicted of killing 22-year-old Jeremiah Miller during a drug sale in Las Vegas in 2002.

“Dozier was accused of shooting and killing Miller upon arrival, then dismembering him and putting his body into a suitcase. Parts of Miller's body were never found,” police have said.

From the time Dozier was sentenced to death, he repeatedly voiced his desire to have the execution carried out as soon as possible. However, twice the scheduled death was postponed due to the state of Nevada’s inability to decide whether or not a paralytic should be included in the lethal injection cocktail given to Dozier, who would be the first execution in the state in more than a decade.

Before his November 14th execution was stayed, he made an appeal to the judge to skip the paralytic and move forward.

“I want to absolutely go through with this on the 14th of Nov.," Dozier said. "I would request that we do it without the paralytic, but I more than anything want it to be done on the 14th.

"I am very clearly, loudly, and in the interest of abundant, clarity saying no," Dozier said. "I'm not going to change my mind. I am still resolute and steadfast in this, and my primary goal is to get this done on the 14th and be able to tend to my personal needs."

In spite of the convicted killer’s appeal. That date came and went and Dozier was still alive. Due to complications in the larger case over which drugs could and could not be used, “a temporary court injunction was filed and the execution was called off.”

Now, it appears that Scott Dozier got his way, although it was not in the fashion anyone had expected. He was pronounced dead at 4:35 am on Saturday. January 5th, in what appears to be a suicide. Tired of waiting for the bureaucracy to carry out his sentence Dozier took matters into his own hands. Now it's finally over...

Next: Investigation Into 'Hate Crime' Shooting Of 7-Year-Old Girl Takes Dramatic Turn. Now That Real Shooters Have Been Arrested, Liberal Activists Are Shockingly SilentJan 07, 2019