20-Month-Old Baby Tumbles From 6th Floor Window, Miraculously Survives. Here’s What Saved His Life

April 11, 2019

It was nap time for one very lucky 20-month-old little boy in Seattle suburb, Redmond, Washington. He and his four-year-old sister were snoozing in a bedroom of their home when, somehow, the little guy managed to find his way to an open window.

Before anyone knew what was happening, the toddler had tumbled out - and down - 60 feet to almost certain death. But instead of his young life being tragically snuffed out, he was miraculously saved - all because of a neighbor’s fateful decision that morning.

According to Q13Fox, “Police got an emergency call at about 4:45 p.m. Wednesday from Redmond Square Apartments after the toddler fell out of a window.


“Authorities say the toddler was laying[sic] on a mattress pad on the floor and propped himself up to the window and fell out.”

The sister woke up to find his brother gone. That’s when she delivered the horrifying news to her mother, who was in another part of the home.

"The 4-year-old sister discovered her brother was no longer in the room and came out screaming to the mom that something bad had happened," said Redmond Police Public Information Officer James Perry.

By the time police arrived, they expected to find the worst possible outcome. Instead, they discovered the little boy, alive and crying on the top of a parked car. The car belonged to a neighbor.

Edward Lu, who normally drives his blue Mazda to work, unwittingly played a huge role in the little boy’s fate that day.

That day - for no particular reason - Lu decided to bike to work, leaving the car in its parking spot.

Officer Perry explains how close the toddler came too instant death. “It’s about 60 to 70 feet; if the car hadn’t been there this would’ve been a completely different story.”

”The denting on top of the car suggests it absorbed a lot of the impact from the child."

Authorities report that although the boy is alive, he suffered serious injuries in the fall.

“The child was taken to Harborview Medical Center after the fall. A hospital spokesperson said Wednesday evening that he was in serious but stable condition.”

Please join us in praying that the little guy recovers fully from his harrowing ordeal. The fact that he’s still with us proves that God must have big plans for this little guy.

Next: Early Morning Discovery Brings Sad End To Frantic Search For Missing Student; Family Heartbroken, Police Want AnswersApr 08, 2019